RECENT CASES WON BY BURTON & BANKS
Court of Appeals held that employee’s fall in loading bay area of Dillard’s while going to lunch is covered by Workers’ Compensation Act.
Court of Appeals held that heart-related injury which occurred following employee’s objection to intrusive monitoring policy of her employer is covered by Workers’ Compensation Act.
Supreme Court overturned a law denying employee’s right to rebut a positive drug screen as being the cause of an on the job injury.
Trial Court decision ruling that injury sustained by worker participating in a required play day on employer’s premises is covered by workers’ compensation.
In the second box but these case numbers in scrolling order:
Verdicts and Settlements
1. $8,200,000 Toxic Torts
2. $7,000,000 Insurance Bad Faith
3. $6,000,000 Professional Negligence
4. $5,000,000 Professional Negligence
5. $3,000,000 Trucking Case Negligence
6. $3,000,000 Professional Negligence
7. $2,500,000 Premise/Electrocution
8. $2,200,000 Trucking Case Negligence
9. $2,200,000 Auto Negligence
10. $1,700,000 Product Liability