Personal Injury Claims: Your Guide
There are several ways that you can suffer a personal injury and the Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers at the Burton Law Group are offering this complete guide to personal injury claims to break it down for you.
If you are involved in an auto accident, there are a few things your personal injury attorney Oklahoma City will want you to do.
- Do Not Leave the Scene: Whether the accident is your fault or someone else’s fault, stay at the scene until police arrive.
- Call the Police: Call law enforcement to investigate the accident, whether it is a serious one or a simple fender bender.
- Check the Other Drivers and Passengers: Check on everyone involved to determine if there are any injuries. If there are, call for an ambulance also.
- Exchange Information: Be sure to get the name, address, and phone numbers of others involved in the crash. Also, write down their driver’s license and license plate numbers and their insurance information. Be sure to also write down the names of the officers that investigate the crash along with their badge numbers and which unit they are part of.
- Talk to Witnesses: Talk with anyone who witnessed the crash and get their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- What NOT to do: Do not post information on social media about the accident, so do not contact the other driver’s insurance company, and do not lie in any way about the details of the crash.
- Contact an Oklahoma City personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to represent you throughout the case.
If you suffer an injury from a product that you have purchased, there are several things you need to do right away after the incident occurs.
- You should document the injury by taking photographs and obtain medical treatment if it is necessary. If you are treated by a doctor, be sure to get a copy of the diagnosis in the course of treatment.
- Do not throw away the product that injured you. Keep it so that it can be studied further to find out what the issue was that caused your injury.
- Keep the packaging the product came in if possible so that you can also provide that to an accident lawyer Oklahoma City if needed.
If you work as a construction worker, you are at risk of sustaining a variety of accidents that can cause serious injuries and even death. If you are injured on the job, there are several things you should do if possible.
- Seek medical attention immediately if needed and be sure to write down any type of treatment you receive including any medications that are prescribed.
- Report the injury to your supervisor and your employer as soon as you can.
- If there are any witnesses to the accident, try to get their contact information.
- Take photos of your injuries as well as the location of where the accident happened along with any objects, including tools or equipment, that are related to the incident.
- Keep a journal of everything that happens including medical procedures.
- You will want to contact an Oklahoma City personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Slip and Fall Accidents
If you suffer a slip and fall accident, you will need to remember all of the crucial information that led up to your incident and provide same to your Oklahoma City injury attorney.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you need it.
- Write down all of the circumstances that caused you to fall and take photos of the area in which you fell.
- The manager or business owner of the location in which you fell may have you fill out an accident report. You can go ahead and do that but be sure not to admit fault or accept any type of settlement or promise.
- Talk to any witnesses who witnessed your fall and obtain their contact information along with their detailed accounts of the incident.
- Contact an Oklahoma City injury attorney as soon as possible to represent you and look out for your best interests.
Burton Law Group is the premier Oklahoma City accident attorney in your area. These personal injury attorneys have years of experience and the knowledge to represent your best interest at every step of your personal injury case. Contact the Burton Law Group in Oklahoma City if you are in need of a personal accident attorney.